Hiding. Hiding under our covers waiting for all manner of bacteria and viruses to henceforth leave our house and never return. Last week started with a runny nose and nasty cough for Frankie. Mid-week she had another boil,and after a Dr's visit Thursday she started another round of a different antibiotic. The vomiting began Thursday night with a side of other digestive unpleasantries that continued through Friday. I never in my life thought I would need all 4 crib sheets that Baby Bargains book told me to register for, and we used every last one Thursday night.
Then Mama got the stomach bug Friday morning, which necessitated her staying home from the women's retreat this past weekend (major bummer). Daddy wasn't feeling top notch all weekend, and now has a bad sore throat and cough. I would not have been surprised if Frankie woke up with the Chicken Pox, or Typhoid Fever, or the Mumps on Saturday.
Lord Jesus, we are tired of being ill, please bring health to our home.
I have been trying to find reasons to be thankful in all this so that I do not exhaust myself with all the complaining I want to do. None of these illnesses were life-threatening or required emergency room visits. Frankie and I are feeling better - we even managed to make it to Women's Bible Study this morning. We had a restful weekend, and I even watched two whole movies.
Spring, we are ready for your warm sunshine and the end of cold and flu season.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Where have the McFaddens been?
Posted by Jenny at 11:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
boy, do i feel you!
No wonder I haven't heard from you! Get better, then call me - I miss you :)
Post a Comment