We have enrolled Frankie in a Mother's Day out program one morning a week, from 9-12. She is going to Mrs. Cynthia's, a woman in our neighborhood who is running an accredited child care program. We went to Mrs. Cynthia's last week to check out her facility and find out more about the program. She loved it! She didn't want to leave, and Cynthia was so nice, I felt that she would be in caring, loving hands while she was there. Cynthia runs her program like a preschool, so it's not just a play-date type of program, which I think will be fun for Frankie.
The decision to send her to school was one part for Frankie - I thought she would benefit greatly from being away from me on a regular basis and socializing with other children, and two parts for Momma. These last few months have been difficult for me, and the walls were really starting to close in on me. Chris and I are hoping that by having this break, I will be able to be the best Momma I can be to our two small children. Dexter is currently napping away, which was the plan - I'm so glad he got the memo.
First day of school!

Wednesday, November 12, 2008
First Day of School!
Posted by Jenny at 9:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Great first day of school shots! This sounds like such a great thing for both you and Frankie. A toast to the health of the McFadden family. :)
Yeah, Jenny!!! Can't wait to see you in 6 days. :)
best thing for everyone! I too was sad to send MM away at 2, but she has never looked back! the sad thing is how little I actually get done when she is away, but having one less for that time is great. and when we pick her up she is happy to see us all. it is great all around......if we could only have a mother's day out here!!! hope to catch up soon
she looks so proud with her bag...what a big girl!
Post a Comment