Friday, April 24, 2009

Why I have not been blogging...

So I know Sarah is blogging with 8 stitches and all, but here's what I've been up to:

I had 2 root canals last Thursday. I actually felt better after the root canals until Monday, and then the pain started. It woke me up in the middle of the night Monday night, and by the middle of the day Tuesday, I was in so much pain I called my dentist for some pain medication. She said it sounded like it was infected, so wrote me a prescription for Antibiotics and percoset. By the time I got home from work on Tuesday, and got the kids bundled and out the door I was near tears. It was raining, and Chris was working late, so I put the rain shield on the stroller and headed out to the Dr's office. I picked up the script, and went to Walgreens to fill it - she needed my ID to fill the percoset prescription, and I went to get it from my wallet and realized it wasn't there. Panic. The pharmacist asked if anyone was with me who could go back to the house and get it for me, and I responded (on the verge of tears) "No, just my two kids, who are starting to lose it." Because they were. She finally agreed to fill it for me if I put my address, SSN, and signature on the back of the script.

A long story short, the percoset really only helped Tuesday night. Wenesday night I took a second one at 1am, and it didn't kick in. I knew I was in trouble. I finally got ahold of my dentist again around 2 pm, and she wanted me to come back in to clear out the infection. I went in, and it turns out one of my temporary fillings had fallen out, so the nerve was exposed. I sat, mouth open, in the chair for almost 4 hours while the dentist disinfected the tooth and cleaned out more nerve.

I'm finally feeling better today - just a small ache, but manageable.

And that is why I have not blogged this week. Okay, since I have no excuse for last week, here are pictures from Dexter's baptism and our Easter brunch:

Grand-papa McFadden came for the celebration!

Frankie, Aidan, and Kira participate in the Easter Egg hunt:


I spy a purple egg...

Aidan and Kira help Frankie find eggs



Wouldn't be Easter without peeps!

On our way to the baptism




Frankie sits with Rachel and Rebecca during church

It was apparently brown velvet coat day at church

Baptized!


3 comments:

Seth King said...

I got cavities under my fillings, not fun. So I had to have two root canals when we lived in Va.

The dentist I went to had an awesome machine that would take a 3D picture of your tooth/post then cut a cap with a little CNC machine in the office.

My teeth are messed up in the back so they were unable to get a good picture so I had to do the temp fillings and wait.

I thought the nerve was supposed to be removed with a root canal.

Hope you are feeling better.

Kristen said...

as far as the previous title of this post--mission accomplished, well done. feel better.

miss you!

Murry said...

stitches, infections...we are falling apart without each other!! i miss you dear friend and will be praying for continued strength, health in your family and a quick recovery! love you!!