Monday, August 17, 2009

King Jesus is Lord

I love when I catch Frankie singing, and then am able to figure out what she's singing. In the last 2 days the song of choice has been the King Jesus is Lord song they learned at VBS two weeks ago. It's funny to me that this song has just now surfaced from the depths of her memory, and quite well!

King Jesus is Lord, King Jesus is Lord,
My All in All, My All in All,
Walking by my side, Walking by my side,
He satisfies, he satisfies.

At least, I think those are the words.

She has also loved singing the He's got the whole world in his hands song, and is extremely bossy about the motions. "No, Mommy! Hands like dis." She holds her hands up in a "stop" motion with her little fingers pressed firmly together when I get the motions wrong. She is so earnest in her desire for me to get the motions right.

King Jesus is working in her heart, and it's been amazing to me to watch her start to process and learn about her savior. This past Saturday we talked about getting to go to Jesus's house the next day, and that we needed to get extra clean so we're ready to go in the morning. She wondered if Jesus would be there, and I said yes, but that we wouldn't actually see him. She remembered that "Jesus died, Mommy" (said in the same tone of voice in which she reminds me that Manny, the fish died). You can see the confusion in her mind as she tries to understand how we can go to Jesus's house and that he would be there (albeit invisible) if he is dead.

Suddenly she got very concerned - "Jesus died, Mommy. Jesus not alive. Mommy dies? Mommy leave me?" This broke me heart, and came out of nowhere. I rushed to tell her that I would not die, and that I will not leave her. So this is not entirely the truth, but I'm not about the pull the complete truth wand out on my 2-year-old who is worried her mom will die and abandon her.

So back to the issue that yes, Jesus died, but the good news is that Jesus rose again, that he's alive, and that he can live in our hearts (insert really confused look from toddler here). "No, Mommy. Jesus died. Jesus not alive." This conversation repeated itself about 4 more times until I gave up, and said something non-commital like "Oh, okay, well, we'll see" (this is usually how I back gracefully out of these heated arguements with her).

Well, we're half-way there. Arguably the less important half, but still.

1 comments:

Heather said...

Love this post. How darling that she started singing the song weeks after VBS. She always sang during music time! And btw, it's "King Jesus is all", not Lord, but He is Lord too. :)

How is it coming, learning the correct motions to The Whole World in His Hands? She's a hoot! I love the description of her hand with the fingers so close together.

And finally, how sweet that she has a sober way of speaking about pets and people dying.

side note:
Thanks for all of your recent "comment love" on my blog. :)