Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy Birthday, Frankie! Part I

Frankie is 3! My baby girl has turned into a preschooler overnight. She will sit and read books with me for 30-45 minutes at a stretch, loves to paint, color, and practice her cutting. She has several workbooks and does "school" with Grazi or me in the afternoon during the week to work on her letters, numbers, and tracing skills. She is getting more ambitious with her climbing skills, and I can't wait to see her in her first ever ballet lessons that start in 2 weeks. Her favorite question is Why? Sometimes she'll ask why 9-10 times in a row. I remember my mom saying that I exhausted her with all my whys - I understand now, mom!

Her actual birthday was February 12th, and for her birthday, she got a visit from her Mimi! In the midst of the snow storm on the 10th Suzy managed to make it all the way here from Columbia, SC. I had to work on Frankie's Birthday, but was able to greet her in the morning with presents. She got more presents and cards throughout the day from thoughtful relatives and friends, and made a cake with Grazi and Mimi. It was half gone when I got home! :)







Dex enjoyed the new magnets from Great Aunt Ginger


After I got home from work, we went to Friendly's! Mimi, Grazi, Dexter and I helped Frankie celebrate the big 3 with chicken fingers, fries, mac and cheese, and of course, ice cream! Chris was out of town, so missed the big outing (I'm sure his belly thanks him).




Feeling a little sick?

Nope! Back for more!





Oh, and for the record, by "Greet her in the morning", this is the face I was treated to:

that scowl was serious, and lasted for a while. On her birthday. When she was greeted with presents. My girl wakes up GRUMPY. And she's only 3. Oh, the morning wake-up battles that will ensue when she's a teenager and has to get to high school!

Since I've inundated you with pictures and videos, I'll hold off for the party post until later!

3 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun day! Happy Birthday Frankie!!

That grouchy face is a real winner. I can imagine that picture on a birthday card with some funny saying inside.

Looking forward to Part II. :)

Kristen said...

happy birthday frankie!

I can't help but think that grumpy face is so adorable!

Murry said...

where has the time gone? nate is three, frankie is three and soon hannah will be three. sheesh...it just seems like we were all pregnant together and making bibs and things!

happy birthday frankie! i have a gift for you that has been in the trunk of my car for three weeks now and i hope to get it in the mail soon!!