Remember how I was worried about that Walnut tree during last week's storm? Turns out that while it didn't fall down, upon further inspection it almost did. It was bumping up against the shed and leaning in an ominous direction towards my house and shed. The roots had pulled up on the eastern side of the tree, indicating that it was about ready to topple.
I called about 5 tree places. The first two said they were only taking calls from people who currently had trees on their house. I finally got some quotes, and then waited with baited breath for them to call me. Every time I went outside it was looming over me, just waiting to fall on us. At least in my mind that's what it was doing.
They came this morning with a swat team of guys and a giant crane. This tree was considered a "dangerous" what with the unstable leaning, the power lines directly behind it, the fact that it was 1/2" away from my shed, and only 5 feet from my neighbors shed. It was a 70 foot black walnut tree that was about 3 feet in diameter.
It was awesome to watch them in action!
They're coming back in a few days with a bigger truck for the trunk:
Funniest part of the morning: We currently have a rental car due to the accident. The Acura is also still in our driveway until we get the insurance settlement worked out, so I had to move both those cars out of the driveway to make room for the tree guys. They wanted my neighbor's car out of the way too, so I asked him to move his car. Then they pointed to Rebecca's Volvo and asked if I knew the owner of that car. I said "Oh, I actually have the keys to that car, I'll move it." After that, he eyed Chris' car, and asked if we knew the owner of that car to ask them if we could move that one too. I sheepishly said that that was also our car and could move that one too. He looked at me quizzically and asked "Lady, how many cars you got?". Too many apparently. :)
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Tree Removal
Posted by Jenny at 9:59 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment