And now for a brief statement on why we have health insurance:
For some reason, my insurance company thought I had additional insurance at the time of Frankie's birth, and rejected all the claims that were filed as a result of her birth, of which there were many. Apparently some survey went out right around the time Frankie was born, and I (surprizingly) neglected to fill it out. So we started getting bills from the hospital, my OB-GYN's office, and the pediatrician. I felt like one of those cheasy debt management commercials - Bills! Bills! Bills!
After sorting through all of them and talking with Blue Cross Blue Sheild today, I was relieved to confirm that out of the $17,908 Frankie's birth cost (that's just the hospital stay and delivery, folks, no pediatric or follow up visits) we only owe the hospital $250.
As an update to this, I just got a statement from anaesthesia, and apparently epidurals cost $4,750. That was the best $4,750 my insurance company ever spent...
Monday, April 9, 2007
Insurance
Posted by Jenny at 11:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment