Thursday, July 12, 2007

5 Months!

Frankie is 5 months today!

My happy girl:







Frankie notices Steve.

Frankie makes out with Steve (or bites his nose).

Demonstrates one of her favorite skills for getting to the toys she wants - lifting them up with her feet...

so she can grab them with her hands (and then put them in her mouth).

At 5 months, This is what Frankie's up to:

  • Eats rice cereal twice a day - we usually give her 4"portions" which Heather, Chris, Sarah (Murry, not my sister, Sarah!), and I have determined to be approximately one Tablespoon of rice cereal.
  • Eats green beans -- sort of. She makes a face, and doesn't spit them right back at you, so we manage to give a few spoonfuls before she refuses them. It cracks me up to watch the surprised look on her face when she's expecting rice cereal, and gets green beans instead.
  • Nurses 6 times a day. She's started to get really easily distracted while she's eating, so it's hard to feed her in public anymore. She's always pulling off, looking around.
  • Rolls over (although is stingy with the rolls).
  • Laughs and smiles regularly, always loves a crowd.
  • Goes to the church nursery during the service so Chris and I can listen to the sermon, and gets doted on by the various congregants who are on nursery duty.
  • Enjoys her excersaucer, fish, seed packs (seriously, Melanie, best toy ever), reading books, walks/jogs in the stroller, being carried in the sling, generally being out in public.
  • Has a 'lovey' - she likes either the small blankie I made her or the lamby from Nonnie when she goes down for a nap.
  • CANNOT sit up yet on her own. But for some odd reason, both Chris and I (separately, on the same day) made the mistake of thinking that she could, set her down and took away our hands - she bonked her head and cried. No idea what we were thinking. Sorry, baby girl.
  • Sleeps from 7-10 (nurses) and then goes right back down until about 5:30 or 6. She then naps from 7-8, and then from 10-noon, and from 2-4. This is of course when she decided to be on schedule. Most days are an approximation of this.
  • At last measurement, about a week ago, was 14 lbs 10 oz.
Chris and I are adjusting to parenthood. There are many days when I'm exhausted, worried that I'm not doing the right thing with her, or feel like I just can't get anything done. I still have about 10 lbs to lose. Breastfeeding is a sacrifice. But it's all definitely worth it. I miss her when I'm not with her, and it seems strange to think back to life before we had her.

4 comments:

Alecia W. said...

She's absolutely gorgeous! Can't believe how much she has changed since I saw her last. AND, can't believe that Daniel and I will have a baby the same size as her next year!

Kristen said...

I love the pictures! She's adorable. We need a playdate. Nathanael and I are in need of some Frankie time.

Melanie said...

Samuel and I are in need of some Frankie time (& Jenny time), too... guess we'll have to wait till September.

She IS (not surprisingly) beautiful! And you're a great mommy, Jenny - the best one sweet Frankie has :)

Murry said...

Poor Nathanael...looks like Frankie has a new love interest named Steve!

Frankie really is a delight and I love watching her grow and change! You and Chris are great parents and are an encouragement to Jeff and I.