On the mornings that I go to work, I drop Frankie off at Heather's and take the MIT Tech Shuttle over to the other side of campus where my office is.
Riding the Tech Shuttle is usually what you would expect -- students wearing I Love Math t-shirts, discussing experiment results on the way to the lab; although sometimes you get a little more for your money.
For example, during finals week last May, two students got on (separately) who were in the same class and on their way to their final. It was apparently open book, and so they both brought large rolling suitcases full of books to take with them. I don't know how they thought they could possibly sift through that many books during the final for an elusive answer, but you have to love them for fulfilling our stereotypes of MIT undergrads.
This morning the bus was driven by a man in his mid-forties, and I distinctly heard him tell some students to "Chill Out" as they got off the bus and thanked him for their ride. It seemed like maybe he read an article from 10 years ago on how to relate to the college kids by speaking their lingo.
Nerd Pride, baby.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
The Tech Shuttle
Posted by Jenny at 10:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment