I knew this day would arrive, the one where I was sick, sick, sick, and still had to take care of Frankie. Of course, Frankie's sick too, and so wants her momma 24-7. I came down with a severe sore throat on Tuesday afternoon that felt like strep. Chris came home from work early on Wednesday, and I went to the Doctor, which was a complete waste of time. It took 2 hours in total, and the resident that I saw (please, no offense to the residents who read this blog and whom I love, I would have gladly seen any of you) was a complete moron. So I went home with instructions to gargle salt water, wishing I'd saved my $20 co-pay and taken a nap instead.
Turns out I don't have strep, which is a good thing, but the virus we've had instead has been a dosey. Frankie's temperature spiked yesterday at 102, so she's definitely fighting something herself. We both seem better today, but it's been exhausting to try and take care of a sick child and myself. I have many close friends here who were more than happy to help, but I haven't wanted to expose anyone to this, so we've just been surviving. My house is a mess, I feel behind at work and in my class, but I have to keep remembering that this too shall pass.
Sick baby
Friday, November 2, 2007
Mommas don't get sick days
Posted by Jenny at 7:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, Jenny, I'm sorry. I'm right there with you, though, and could have written this post myself. We are buried under used tissues over here. This is one of those times when living close to grandparents seems like a WONDERFUL idea, doesn't it?
we really want to help any way we can, so please give us a call or send us an e-mail...even if we leave food on the door, knock and run we'd love to help out...
Post a Comment