Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The demolition continues and reconstruction begins

Chris invited a few friends over on Saturday to help him work on the closets. They frames out two closets, took out the door and frame on the living room side, and put up some drywall. Chris will still need to install a few small pieces of drywall, and we need to mud and sand the drywall, but we're making progress. On Sunday we went to the Container Store and bought their elfa system, which is a modular closet organizer system to help us make the most of this new space. Everything was 30% until February 4th, so we got a good deal on the system.

Frankie and I had to vacate the premises, and we had a rather unsuccessful outing that involved a ticket on my car (my Cambridge sticker expired the day before, argh!), a closed Kids in Motion, a 10-minute trip through the Market Basket parking lot (the Saturday before the Super Bowl? What was I thinking?! We didn't even attempt to find a spot - people were waiting two cars deep for spots that might become available soon), an unsuccessful trip to the closed RMV (did I mention my license also expired at the end of January?), and finally to Old Navy for some retail therapy so I could at least come home with something accomplished.

Some of the wonderful women in my life rallied around me during the afternoon hours, and we had a nice outing to the toy store, and a local coffee shop. That is until Frankie decided to stuff a large handful of potting soil in her mouth at the coffee shop while none of us were looking for all of 5 seconds. I really wish I had a picture of this for y'all, it was quite humerous to see her with a beard of dirt. Humerous in an "of course you would try soil today of all days" kind of way.

The clean up from Saturday's work wasn't nearly as bad as last week, so Chris and I were able to get the house cleaned up in about 2 hours. Thanks again to Topher, Jeff, Patrick, Dain, and Matthew for helping Chris!


The living room (used to be a door to the closet, now a wall).

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: