Monday, March 10, 2008

Home Improvement update

We worked and worked and worked this weekend, and have made signifigant strides in our home improvement project. The inside of the closets are now complete, thanks to Chris and Topher working more than 12 hours on them on Saturday. They framed the new doorways and mudded over the cracks in the drywall. I finished sanding the drywall mud in the living room, cleaned up, and started painting. Ellen and Jason watched Frankie in the morning, and then she went to Camp Murry in the afternoon.

After a dinner at All Star Sandwich Bar, we put both Hannah and Frankie to bed in Frankie's room, and the Murrys helped me finish the painting in the living room. It feels so good to be done with the messy work in the living room, and I love the blue walls. We still need to put up shelves, and possibly install a gas fireplace, but the bulk of the work is done. Probably at least one more good Saturday on the closets will finish the messy work in the bedroom too. Our poor vacuum cleaner looks like a wheezy old man with an oxygen tank - it's got dust in every crack and crevice. I bought a new filter for it after this is all over, but I'm a little worried he's not going to make it that far.

Thanks to all our gracious friends who have helped us on this project, we couldn't have done it without you!

The new closets


The new "cake stand blue" (a Martha Stewart color from Lowe's) living room. This wall used to have a closet door on the left and a mantel in the middle.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Love the blue walls, too - that wall looks so much bigger than it used to with the door & mantle! Also ... is that silver shimmer in the 2nd picture some sort of sequined or otherwise shiny shirt in Chris' wardrobe? I know he's fashionable, but...

Jenny said...

Ha! I checked it out, and it's not a sequined shirt - it's the stripe from his "sweet!" Puma jacket.

Anonymous said...

Jenny and Chris, it looks great! I love the color in the living room and your closet organizers.