The pain I was having yesterday could have been any of these my OB told me today. I had some pretty intense localized pain yesterday on my left side, which did subside as I rested, but did not go away completely. I became particularly concerned when it started radiating to my back and become less localized. I was still feeling some pain this morning, so was glad I had a scheduled appointment with my OB already. We're still over 5 weeks out, and I want to do everything I can to make sure this baby is born as close to his due date as possible. My OB told me that even if I decided to just lay down for the next three weeks and not lift a finger, he was still going to come when he wanted to come at this point. After feeling my belly she wasn't particularly concerned, and told me to go about my business as usual, but to rest and try not to lift heavy things (like my 15-month old) unless it was necessary.
So we ran errands after my appointment, and I'm actually feeling better now than I was last night, which is a good sign. I panicked a bit last night when I realized that I really wasn't ready to bring a baby home quite yet. I feel ready now. We have newborn diapers, size one diapers, new bottles (Chris got to reading about the BPA stuff, and got worried, so new bottles were in order), a box of those uber-convenient 4oz. formula packets, and just in case Dexter likes them and therefore sleeps longer, a new pack of pacifiers.
With all we've had going on with the house purchase, the upcoming move, and the fact that I've been feeling great this pregnancy, I had been haughtily (foolishly?) assuming he would just arrive on or around his due date. The past 24 hours have been a good reminder that I am not in charge!
And now for a Frankie Photo moment: she decided to wear some painter's tape like an anklet all morning last week. Heather and I thought it looked a lot like a shackle.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Cramps, Ligament Pain, Labor, or Braxton Hicks?
Posted by Jenny at 12:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Phew! I'm glad to see a blog post from you. Not that I believe calling me back should be at the top of your to-do list, but this relieves my imagining that you're in the hospital having your baby. I'm glad your OB gave you some peace of mind and that you now feel more prepared. I've been doing some mad nesting this week....like making double meals and freezing half. I never did that when we were awaiting Elizabeth! That probably means that Little Boy Blue will arrive 2 weeks late. :)
Let us know how we can help you get enough rest.
well, if baby dexter does arrive in the next week, you'll have Matthew there to keep Frankie! take care of yourself!
Guess the big guy upstairs does a good job of keeping us on our toes and letting us know we're not in charge! Glad to hear you're ok and baby Dexter is not on his way yet.
If anything we can help, please do let us know. And oh! my favorite position to hold Zippy when I was still pregnant was to have her sit on my belly or give her to Jon. Hee hee!
Post a Comment