Mom and I have been working on house projects while she's been here, mainly because I know the inevitable will come, she will leave me to take care of my family by myself, and I will not be able to do much other than eat and sleep and take care of my children (and bathe occasionally? I hope? Those of you who see me hope?). It's been amazing to have her here so long, and I am preparing to cry like a big baby when she leaves this Sunday.
We have painted a high chair for Frankie that we got free from the Salvation Army, mom re-upholstered some dining chairs the previous owners left us, I'm almost done with the first slipcover of two for my wing-backed chairs in the living room, I re-painted much of the hallway and kitchen in an effort to "touch-up" the paint. I think it had been a few years since the previous owners had done so, and there were a lot of fingerprints in the 3-foot range. Not that my children will not replace those marks, but at least we can start with a clean slate. These are just a few of the major projects, other minor projects have included various installation and hanging of pictures, baby gates, curtains, etc.
Frankie helps Nonnie shake the paint for her chair:

My new sewing machine is finally here, out of the box, and being put to use! It's doing a wonderful job on the thick upholstery fabric that I'm using for the slipcovers.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Projects galore
Posted by Jenny at 10:51 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Okay, my favorite thing about these pictures is that Frankie still has her Clifford ears!
I'm impressed with the amount of work you have been able to get done with 2 young children to look after. Go Wallace women!
Oh how we love those Clifford Ears. They have been re-taped since their initial assembly.
Post a Comment