Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Surviving

We are half-way through day 1 of being On Our Own, with no more grandparent backup arriving until the end of September. It was wonderful to have so much full-time help. I will be posting a longer post with pictures and video of Mimi's visit, but wanted to throw up a quick post to let you all know we're hanging in there. I even managed a shower this morning.

Frankie is still sweet to her baby brother. She got really frustrated the other day when she kept trying to share her toys with him and he wouldn't take them. I tried to explain that he did not have the large motor skills yet to do so, but she still seemed exasperated at him.

Frankie gives Dex a massage (Kristen, I know you're going to laugh as hard as I did at Dexter's expression)

Tummy time!
I love you, baby brother.
Smiles! He's smiling at us now.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Horray, a new post!

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. So glad you're doing well ... and that you got a shower! God's taking care of you, woman. :)

Melanie said...

LOVE that hair! Sorry we keep missing each other on the phone ... someday we'll actually talk again!

Kristen said...

you're right, i do love that face....in the photo and in general, i just love dexter's little face. i see so much more of you in him in every photo!

i'm having to force myself not to think about matthew coming over there right now. . .it's KILLING me.

miss y'all.

Unknown said...

Love the massage Frankie is putting on Dex. He looks like he may be enjoying it, maybe....?

Love,
Nonnie