Our trip to NH was great fun, as Chris said. We hiked, quilted (mom and I!), ate, napped, watched movies, played board games, and made smores in the fireplace at the cabin. Dad and Chris manned it up one afternoon and did the alpine zip line. Frankie enjoyed watching the train at the North Conway station, playing blocks with Pawpaw, and counting blazes on the trail. Dex enjoyed nursing, sleeping, and chuckling at Nonnie and Pawpaw. It was a wonderfully relaxing week for us.
We also were able to attend the wedding of our dear friends, Eric and Sarah the weekend before NH. The wedding was in Long Island, so we took Dex, and Frankie had a slumber party with Nonnie and Pawpaw in NH. It was a gorgeous wedding, and had hands down the best food we've ever tasted at a wedding.
On the dance floor
Dex in his wedding duds
I was just about fully recovered from returning from vacation when I came down with a nasty case of mastitis last week, which I will use as my shameless excuse for not blogging for two whole weeks. I am feeling much better now thanks to the antibiotics my Dr prescribed, but the flu-like symptoms that I experienced were horrible. I felt like I'd gotten hit by a bus. Even my toe joints ached.
In other news, Frankie is saying her name now. She says "Dankie". It's very sweet. The kids have also been back in the same room together for a whole week now, and it's getting better, slowly. There have been nights I've been tempted to pull Dexter out and let him sleep in our room for the night, but then I remember that I'll just have to go through it all over again, and that I need to give them solid 2-3 weeks to get used to each other. Dexter is still waking at least once to nurse, but Frankie seems to be able to sleep through it/go back to sleep more readily as long as it's before 5am. Dexter also seems to be getting better at sleeping through Frankie's crying, which has been a lot recently. I think she must be getting some massive teeth, because she won't take her fingers out of her mouth.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Dankie
Posted by Jenny at 1:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOVE the dance floor pic! I'm glad you're feeling better, too. Good to see you this morning! Corinne enjoyed playing with Dankie. :-)
Jenny! I'm so sorry to hear that you got sick. I've heard it's so awful. Glad you're on the mend!
We return to Boston tonight. I can't wait to catch up with you! It's been so long I'm not sure I remember what you look like. :)
Totally cool that Dex is laughing and "Dankie" can say her name. Kids are amazing and deliciously fun to watch grow and change!
Love, H
Post a Comment