Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Boston Ballet at the Children's Museum

The Boston Ballet was at the Children's Museum today, performing excerpts from the Nutcracker. Sarah and I dressed the girls up and we joined the madness at the museum. The line for non-members was probably 150 people deep, and fortunately the line for members was considerably shorter. We didn't get there in time to get tickets to the 11:30 show (they were already taken), so we participated in the dance class lead by a member of the Boston Ballet faculty. It was probably just as well - the girls had a great time dancing, and may not have sat through a 30-minute ballet performance. I think I'm going to have a hard time resisting signing Frankie up for ballet when she's old enough!

Ballerina Frankie reads the Metro on the way to the museum


Dex sleeps on the train

Commuter queen

Holding hands on the elevator

Dancing!

Still marching...

Exhausted Ballerina

Frankie took a little while to warm up...

But in the end joined in the fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great marching video! With the head motions, it kinda reminds me of Father Abraham. Looks like you had a great time. Did everyone nap well after the morning activities?

Kristen said...

I love this!

Melanie said...

Jenny, her pigtails bounce when she marches! That second video is so, so cute. I so wish we were coming to visit next week!