Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Potty Trained!



It's been 10 days, and the last 2 have been accident free! He's gotten it in what feels like a hurry, which is a huge relief. We did relent and go back to night time diapers, because it just seemed like he wasn't ready physically for that. He's been asking to go, and is generally now willing to go. He got his new Thomas Train after 2.5 days, and still gets chips when he goes at home, but has been willing to go outside the home, even new places.

The best advice came from Mimi (Chris's mom), who said I should let him run naked. We cranked the heat (to 70!!!) and let him run free and breazy whenever we were home. I do think it really helped him to understand when he needed to go - I found that he would not have an accident when he was naked, but sometimes would if he had underpants on. After a few days he seemed to get it, and now we're having to fight him to get his pants on - the boy loves being naked!

He loves his big boy underwear, and is so stinking proud of himself. I am so stinking happy to be done with diapers. And very proud of my boy.


Showing off the pants for the camera. Super Grover with his Superman t-shirt.