Monday, May 28, 2007

Back to work

I am woefully behind on my blog postings, and I'd like to think that in part this is due to the fact that I have started back at work! I've been back for two weeks now, and am going two full days a week, and working a few hours from home the rest of the week. Frankie is staying with our friend from church, Heather, and her daughter, Elizabeth while I'm at work. It really hasn't been as hard as I imagined it would be, I think due to the truly part-time nature of my job, the fact that we have ideal child care and I don't worry about her while I'm at work, and that my workplace has been so great about welcoming me back in my new part-time capacity.

Frankie's biggest hurdle to overcome has been that she decided about two weeks before I went back to work that she doesn't like bottles anymore (we're breastfeeding). My pediatrician said it's pretty common for babies around 2.5 months old to start refusing bottles, and since she knows how to do it, when she's hungry enough, she'll eat. Heather has been very patient with her, and she takes enough in during the day to make it through (about 2/3 of what she 'should' eat during the day). I just feed her an extra time or two after we get home, before bed time. Fortunately, it hasn't interrupted her night time sleeping habits, which I'm very thankful for because she has been sleeping consistently from 7-10 (when I get her up for a dream feed) and then from 10:30-6am.

All of this sleep has made my life much rosier. It’s amazing how much brighter the world looks when you can get 7-8 hours of sleep in a row – consistently. I started running again this weekend, and have run the last two days now. I was able to do about 2 miles yesterday, and 3 today (with some walking breaks both times, and nice and slooow). Chris, Frankie, Maisy and I all headed down to the river today for our run. It was nice to have Chris’ support as I figured out how to jog with the stroller. Frankie slept for most of the run, so I don’t think we need to worry about the bouncing of the stroller affecting her adversely. I don’t think I’m running fast enough to really bounce her around!

0 comments: