Frankie is one today! We love our little girl so much, and are so thankful for her loving, deliberate spirit. We had a birthday party for her on Saturday, and it was a delight to see her light up and smile when everyone gathered around her to sing.
She was not so sure about her cupcake though:
Daddy was able to convince her later that cupcakes weren't so bad
Um, yes, Frankie does look a lot like Chris
She loves her new stroller and dolly
My big 1-year-old

Today we had two playdates (!) with Nathanael. We first saw him at Together in Motion, where Nonnie helped Frankie play with the fun balls and gym mats:
Here's what happened when Nathanael tried to join her on the pony at his house later that afternoon: (it's her birthday and she'll cry if she wants to)
Nonnie took us out to dinner at the All Star Sandwich bar, where Frankie ate french fries, steamed carrots, and some grilled cheese with avocado. Then she discovered the free oreos at the counter:
It's been an amazing year watching her grow and develop from a helpless infant to a toddler with opinions of her own that she is able to communicate to us. We thank God for her, and our prayer for her is that she will know the Lord Jesus Christ as her savior.
Here is a slide show of Frankie's past year. It's a little long, but I couldn't pick just one per month after I got started. We love you, Frankie!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Happy Birthday, Frankie!
Posted by Jenny at 6:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a beautiful birthday girl! It's amazing to see those newborn pictures of her and see how much she looked like herself then. Happy birthday, sweet Frankie - we love you!
What an awesome day for an awesome girl! I'm sure the cupcake phobia will pass! - PAWPAW
I just have to say, I see Frankie all the time and I know she's beautiful, but looking at that slideshow of her I was just blown away! My son has good taste! Happy Birthday Frankie! Glad we got to spend so much of the day with you! And congratulations Chris and Jenny on a year of parenthood--y'all are amazing!
i can't believe how much she has changed, and yet she still has the same facial features and the same great smile. what a treasure she is! thanks for all the time i get to see her and play with her! hannah already misses her, and so do i! congratulations on a year of being a family and loving each other. i hope many blessings are yet to come (especially with the next little one!).
Happy Birthday, Frankie! I can't believe you're a year old already!!
Post a Comment