Frankie participated in a scientific study this Wednesday (as a test subject) at the Harvard Laboratory for Developmental Studies. We had a great time! They had a nice playroom, and all the grad students were super-friendly. She had to watch a video in which a square, triangle, and circle "communicated" with one another, and they measured her attention span to gauge what she found more interesting when they switched up the video. Before they switched the video, though, they looped the same movie over and over again until she looked away for at least two seconds. I was in the room, holding Frankie in my lap, and this seemed to take forever. I had moments where I thought "Oh no, my child will sit and watch TV for a really long time. We're going to be in here all afternoon..." The researcher said that there is a max number of times that they loop the video, and while she didn't quite reach that limit, she was almost there. That's my little couch potato.
Child Scientist - Who me?
And now for this month's photo of "Frankie looks just like Chris"; milk and cookies with Daddy.
This is a face that Frankie has been making quite often lately, which cracks us up. Usually she says "Dooogh" along with it, much like Homer Simpson's Do'h! It can mean anything from "I don't want to eat that" to "Whoops! I fell down".
In other happenings this week, we had a few friends over for a crafty playdate. Elizabeth helped her mom and I make some t-shirts for her coming-soon baby brother, including "disco hippo". Elizabeth decided the black silouhette of the hippo her mom cut out needed some glitter paint added. It's ready to boogie with the disco penguin and disco octopus she made him as well.
Elizabeth led Frankie and Hannah in a sing-along. This is actually one of Frankie's favorite activities right now - anytime she hears music she "sings" along - mostly dah-dah-doos that don't sound anything like the tune. Hopefully Elizabeth will be able to continue her lessons with Frankie.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Child Scientist
Posted by Jenny at 8:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great photos! Love that "Frankie looks just like Chris" one especially.
We'll have to discuss the fee for the singing lessons; the price increases when Elizabeth turns 4...for life experience reasons. I'm sure you understand.
The milk & cookies with Daddy shot is precious, but I love love love the "Dooogh" face. I think it actually makes her look more like Chris... at least I'm pretty sure I've seen that face on him before! Silly girl.
Post a Comment