Friday, May 23, 2008

Animalia

We went to the zoo today with Sarah and Hannah and had a great time! Other than the packs of wild school children that arrived in three separate buses, we enjoyed getting to see the animals. Frankie particularly liked the Flamingos and the Jaguar. She wore her jagular shirt, her khaki 'safari' pants, and her Red Sox cap. Needless to say, she was mistaken for a boy all day.

In other animal news, we have adopted Manny (Ramirez, of course) from the Polks as they were not able to transport him to Texas when they moved. Manny is a beautiful blue Beta fish (man, I wish I could post pictures!). Frankie likes to wave at Manny. He's right next to her high chair, and she often requests to be turned towards Manny while she eats so she can watch him. We don't touch Manny or his bowl though, just wave.

I've decided that Manny is my favorite pet in the house and often drop comments to Maisy such as "Manny doesn't pace for his food and knock Frankie over...", "Manny doesn't run down the driveway like a naughty dog...", "Manny doesn't tear up tissues from the trash and leave them all over my clean floor...", "Manny doesn't scratch at the door and whine to be let out...". Poor Maisy, she really is a good dog. It's just hard to compete with a fish when it comes to being quite, out of the way, and low maintenance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The grass is always greener. I'm always saying to Mosley, "Maisy doesn't roll on her back, pretending to be submissive, just so she can flip over and pounce another dog."

Also, I forgot to post on your last post--lots of kids and adults kiss on the lips with people. It's more of a cultural difference. If that's what she wants, I say go for the lips!

Murry said...

it was a great time, and i think i counted four school buses...that should have been a clue...

and maisy, manny doesn't give hannah open mouth kisses.

Melanie said...

...but if Frankie is anything like Sam, she probably gives Maisy open-mouth kisses!

And we've never kissed Sam on the lips, either, but that's the only way he kisses us too. Interesting.