Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pawpaw visits

My dad was here for a brief visit this week while he attended some training in the Boston area. It was such nice timing; he got to see the new house yesterday during the inspection, which went really well, by the way. Frankie loves her Pawpaw!


We are sick again, Frankie and I, with colds. We both took naps this morning, and she's on her way down for her second nap. I think Momma will too. We'd been healthy for three whole weeks - I guess we were due, right?

Oh, and I've been meaning to blog about this since the first time I saw it happen, but when we were just out for a walk to the post office, we passed the Al Hoda Meat Market as usual. They were unloading some skinned lambs (maybe goats? hard to tell - do people eat goat meat?) to the market, which is always a little disturbing to see. I know where meat comes from and all that, but I feel that in America it's easy to forget. This particular market doesn't have a back loading area, so they bring the meat in the front door off the street. The most disturbing part about all of this? The fact that both times I've witnessed it, the meat is being pulled from a rented Budget truck. Man, I'd hate to be the next person who rented that truck! And no, we have never purchased meat from this particular market, although I'm sure it's probably fine.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For Easter, our neighbors prepared the most tender and delicious lamb from that market. We can endorse the quality of their meat.

Perhaps the meat supplier owns the Budget truck... If not, will you specifically request that one for your move?

Oil Zivan said...

We do have things in common! Sick kids and adults. And NO meat from that market. Oh! we hope to never running across that rental truck.