I'm thinking of getting Frankie in to audition for next season of "So you think you can dance". I mean, check out her sweet sumo-wrestler move. America's going to love her!
Dexter was two weeks old yesterday, and he's doing great. We're heading in to Cambridge today for a weight check at his pediatrician's, and he's put on about 6 ounces in the last 7 days, so I think Dr. Sigman will be happy with his progress. So far he's been a good baby (Kristen, please don't hate me!). Last night he gave me two three hour chunks of sleep, which I am very thankful for. He's sleeping well, and is generally easy to soothe. He gets boughts of gas pain where he'll scream on and off for sometimes 2 hours, but I'm taking comfort in the fact that there is a clear reason for his crying. If he doesn't have gas, he sleeps peacefully.
He's a good eater, and we're doing a combination of breast-feeding and formula. I've always had low milk supply issues, and rather than pump and have it take over my life, I've decided to make our lives more manageable by giving him at least one bottle feeding a day, sometimes 2 if we're out and he won't or can't breast-feed. I've been giving him a bottle at the dinner time hour, which is working well for us. 4:00pm is my lowest milk supply time (a little known fact, but I think true for most women), and with all the craziness of dinner and Frankie's fussy hour, it's taken a lot of stress off to give myself permission to give him a bottle (or have someone else do it!).
Here's one of his periods of alert time:
Squeaky-clean Dexter
Strike a pose Dexter
Big Sister Frankie
Monday, June 23, 2008
So you think you can dance?
Posted by Jenny at 10:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love that kind of shout out! I fully admit to hating parents of 'easy' babies. :)
and dexter looks different already!
the videos aren't working for me...
the freeze frame on that frankie dancing video is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. well, probably since the rockin' mullet shot. she looks like richard simmons.
I love the Richard Simmons compare. Sorry about the Dexter video not working yet, I still haven't had enough time to sit down and figure it out!
i love the sumo move from little frankie...hannah has some moves of her own that she wants to show frankie.
Post a Comment