We finally have some news on the house and the baby!
First the house news - we're closing on Friday at noon - Praise God! This has been an emotionally trying experience for us, and it's been difficult for us to remember that God loves us and that we can trust in him at all times. We'll be moving to Dorchester on Saturday!
Second, but not because it's less important, Dexter gave us some hope this morning that he was on his way. Around 4:30 this morning I started having painful contractions that I could not ignore. They seemed to be really sporadic but very frequent (I was getting frustrated that they weren't coming in that classic easy-to-decipher 10 minute spread like labor is "supposed to"). Around 7 we decided to leave for the hospital. They checked me, and decided that it was "early labor" - as of this morning, I'm 3 cm dilated and about 60% effaced for those who care about such things. I drank a bunch of water, and the contractions slowed down, and we went home to labor. My contractions have slowed considerably this afternoon, and I don't have a good sense that he's coming real soon. The OB this morning said he could come tonight or next week - that especially with subsequent births you tend to dilate much sooner, and that some women walk around for weeks 4 cm dilated.
So we wait. Chris stayed home today to let me rest and help take care of Frankie, which I was able to do. My mom has changed her flight from arriving this Saturday to arriving tomorrow morning. I'm so happy to have her help earlier.
We'll keep you posted!
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
News...
Posted by Jenny at 3:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yaaayyy!!!!!!!!!
We can't wait to meet you, Little Dexter - we love you already!
Post a Comment