Despite terrible colds, we went to Drumlin Farms this morning. I figured the fresh air might do us all some good. Frankie enjoyed checking out the "punkins" (which she sometimes calls apples):


Pigs say "oink oink"
Happy Fall!

Pigtails!
Riding in style in the new (used) Phil and Ted's
Chickens with a funny hairdo
I was supposed to take the kids to Drumlin Farms this past Wednesday with some friends, but alas, our 16-year-old Volvo decided not to cooperate. She wouldn't go into gear. I fiddled with the gear shift until I was able to figure out how to get the car into gear (y'all should be so proud of me - I took the housing off and everything). This saved us a tow into the Good News Garage, our mechanics. Good News Garage is the garage in Cambridge that is owned by one of the Car Talk guys. I've been taking Betty there ever since we got her, because it seemed entirely appropriate that they should work on my Volvo 240. I love these guys. They ended up replacing a fuse that blew (which is why I couldn't get it into gear), and didn't charge me anything. This is the second time in a row I've been there and they didn't charge me anything (the previous time was to get the front plate drilled on so I could pass my inspection - the other screws were rusted shut). Maybe it's walking in there with two small children and an old car? I know a fuse is about $2, but still, Craig spent a while looking at my car trying to trouble-shoot why the fuse blew in the first place.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Punkins
Posted by Jenny at 3:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
can you imagine an apple the size of a punkin?? maybe that only happened in canan.
Frankie's pigtails are too cute! And the family portrait is very sweet.
Jenny--you look so good!!!!
I also love the family photo...I've officially started to feel like I've just missed too much of your life--Dex is practically walking. (Okay, not really, but it kind of feels like it.)
I am ready to start planning our trip to Boston next summer.
Post a Comment