The social experiment has come to a close. As of this morning we are no longer one household of two families with four kids under 2. The Murrys are flying out to California today to start their life anew in San Diego. We all survived under one roof for almost 7 months!
And survived is not the best word to describe it. Survival indicates a barely making it to the finish line. It was hard at times, and I don't want to minimize the work that went into making our unique family situation work, but it was an amazing 7 months of caring for one another that knit us into family. Is with great sorrow in our hearts that we send them off.
The longing for heaven is tremendous for me right now. When I no longer have to say goodbye to dear friends and family. These last few days as we have prepared to say goodbye have been tough, and I think there are hard days and moments yet to come. Like last night when Frankie was helping me with the dishes and decided to set the table in the dining room. I heard her setting plates out: "Ser (Sarah), Nana (Hannah), Jeff, Baby Kate, Dex, Momma, Dankie, Daddy". This is the order we sit in around the table, and it's going to be hard for me to explain to her that Sarah, Hannah, Jeff, and Baby Kate will no longer be joining us for dinner.
I cannot dwell on this for much longer, so I will leave you with a collection of pictures instead. We love you and miss you, Murry family.
Baby Kate
"Cheese!"
"Sharing" (note the pained look on Frankie's face)
Better...
California here she comes!
Hannah will get to wear her swimsuit without a long-sleeved shirt under it in January from now on!
Mat time
Sarah will not miss bundling up!
Nuks!
Hug
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Goodbye Murrys
Posted by Jenny at 6:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
So many precious memories!
Post a Comment