Sunday, January 4, 2009

Home Boston

Michael and Masha are now Mr. and Mrs. William Michael Steven McFadden. The ceremony and reception were beautiful. Chris did a wonderful job officiating the wedding, and I hope I can get some pictures and video to post for you all of the event (remember I forgot my camera!). I have a sister-in-law!

We are ready to return home after two weeks in SC. We had a great visit, but two kids under two can only be schlepped so much. I had to leave the wedding early tonight to take the kids home to bed, after they had both sufficiently melted down at the reception. In the car on the way home, I told Frankie we were going home, and clarified that we were going to Mimi's house. Frankie, who loves Mimi and her house, expressed her desire to go home, to Boston.

"No thank you, Mimi house. Home Boston. See Nana (Hannah), Sar (Sarah), Maisy."

I love that she knows her home, and misses people and things about it. I'm not sure how I'm going to explain to her that Hannah, Sarah, Kate, and Jeff are going to be moving. And soon. My heart already aches when I think of how she's going to keep asking for them, and how she's not going to understand why they aren't there. And how it's just going to make me miss them even more.

2 comments:

Jeff Derrick said...

So Chris ended up officiating the wedding!?!? Nice! Can't wait to hear all the details!

Murry said...

i am dreading the same thing...how can you explain to a 21 mth old that her "sister" does not live with us any longer...and who is going to give me a shout out or have an afternoon coffee with me? who will switch over my laundry when i forget about it or help me unload the dishes when my girls are freaking out? what am i going to do without you my dear friend??