Monday, May 24, 2010

A few videos...

We have loved being able to use our backyard again, and this summer we are reaping the benefits of having a toddler and a preschooler, which means for the first time, I can say things like "Go out in the back and play while Momma finishes getting dinner ready." Best part? It works.

This playtime involved a game Daddy invented where the kids kick the soccer ball mid-swing. I'm so glad for a Daddy who invents games like this! (facebook readers, this is a video)


This next video says so much about what they're up to these days. Dexter still loves his oatmeal, and has learned to use a spoon, and Frankie loves to squirrel things away. I find objects of all sorts of places they don't belong, and it makes me smile because I know she had been hard at work. One of her favorite things to do is when she's wearing socks or leggings she tucks items into the bottom of her leggings or tops of her socks, as though they were a pocket. (facebook readers, this is a video)



One of our favorite songs as of late has been the Ballad of Davy Crockett. Dexter sings (hums? his words come out daa-daaaa! daa-da-da-da) along with Frankie, often at the top of their lungs, which cracks them up. The other day they busted out with it at the grocery, and I had a really hard time shutting it down because it was so funny, but eventually felt the need to because they were hollering at the top of their lungs in the store, and this elderly woman was giving me a stern look. (facebook readers, this is a video)

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Can we come play? I can think of three guys in my family who would be totally into that swing-soccer game.

Kristen said...

I miss you guys. :(

Murry said...

love the game, love the song, can't believe that bite dex tried to take! you all look happy!