The McFaddens have been on a simplifying campaign recently. We culled our books, we cleaned out closets, and have been working on saying no so we can say yes more often to the things we actually want to be doing!
Since less = more, we made the decision to let go of our condo in Cambridge. When we moved to Dorchester 2 years ago, we decided not to sell our 2-bedroom condo in Cambridge, but to rent it out and hold onto it as an investment property, mainly because I couldn't bear to part with it. Our tenants (who were excellent) moved out recently, and in the midst of trying to fit in showing the apartment and fixing a few things, I suddenly said enough. We already spend enough of our precious family time maintaining the house we live in, and we have decided we don't want to spend the time dealing with an investment property, even if it is a good investment. So we got the floors done, and spent the last 2 Saturdays painting and cleaning, and are putting the condo on the market. Other than the actual sale of the condo, we're done, which feels really good. Pray for a buyer, please!
I am also scaling back at work. I will be transitioning to less responsibilities and 2-days a week on July 22. I'm so excited about this! I will have more time to spend with Frankie and Dexter, and more time for relationships with friends, neighbors, and family. In the hours I will spend working, I'll be getting to do more of what I like to be doing professionally, something I'm thankful I have the opportunity to do.
So stay tuned, hopefully you'll see more posts and pictures of the kids! Because that is something I want to make more time for :)
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Less = More
Posted by Jenny at 2:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
THAT IS GREAT NEWS ABOUT WORK!!! I'm so glad it didn't have to be all or nothing. So cool!!!!!
What about Grazi? Will you just hang out with her and the kids on the other days?
Thanks, Heather! Grazi will stay on with us until January, to complete her year with us. She's been wonderful, and I'm envisioning that we might be able to do some things together with the children that is easier to do with two adults (like swimming?). And, I'll still need her help for those 2 days I'm planning on working!
I know it feels good to make life less complicated. We'll definitely be praying about your condo selling.
I wanted to tell you all that Jeff and I are coming to Boston!! i have a medical conference on Cape Cod August 6-8, but we're flying to boston the tuesday before to spend a few days in the city. We'd love to see you all for dinner or something - whatever would be easy. We're hoping to go to a red sox game and we're not sure what else to do, so we'd also love some suggestions. We'll talk soon!
Oh - and of course, Judah will be there, too.
I feel like I just won something...seriously sooo excited for you all and for more pictures of you and the kids. I am really glad that you all are simplifying your lives, saying no, making time for what you want. I am reading an excellent book called Boundaries right now that has been encouraging me to do the same, which is set boundaries so that life is simpler.
love you all!
That's awesome news Jenny! I'm so excited to hear about the new job info. I've loved the 2.5 day set up. And the fact that it is something you like AND less time is even better.
I hope you sell the condo! I don't know anyone looking at this point.
Post a Comment