Tuesday, July 20, 2010

First Day of School!

Frankie had her first day at Ashmont Nursery School on Monday.  They have a summer session, and you can sign up for as many single days as you like, so I signed her up for 6 days over 3 weeks just to get her acclimated to school, and meet some of the kids she'll be in class with in September.

Her first day was supposed to be last Thursday.  We talked about what to expect at preschool, we read The Berenstain Bears Go to School book, and the new dress was laid out the night before.  And then she woke up with a raging fever.  Oh, this was devastating.  After I gave her some Motrin, and explained that she couldn't go to school with a fever, she spent 15 minutes trying to convince me she was all better since she'd had medicine.  So sad.  Friday, which was to be her next day, was also spent in a feverish stupor.

Fortunately the next day I'd signed her up for was this Monday, so off to school she went!  She woke up at approximately 5:45 and came into my room to tell me she was "all done sleeping".  I made her go back to bed until 7, but she was so clearly excited to go to school.  She was dressed and ready by 7:10, and wanted to leave the house ASAP. 

We couldn't leave until 8, so took some pictures while we waited:







Grazi, Dex, and I walked her to school, and she barely stopped playing to give us kisses goodbye. Grazi said Dex asked for her all day long. My sweet boy loves his sister.

She had a great first day, and we were all so excited to hear about it, but apparently what happens at preschool stays at preschool. She wouldn't spill the beans about her big day, no matter how much we cajoled.

Interviewer Aunt Sarah gets stone-walled:


I eventually got some dish that her new friend, Cora, showed her some tricks on the playground that "only 4-year-olds" can do. Which is what Frankie always says when she's scared to try something she thinks is too difficult for her. "I think I'll be able to do that when I'm 4."

She's going back on Friday, and can't wait!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That first photo is so precious; I could eat her up!!!

Next time we're together I'll teacher her that the only answer to the "What did you do at school today?" question is "Nothin'." :)

Murry said...

you can just see that she was beaming with excitement!! it's so sad that she missed the first two days, but i'm sure she will love the next 4 days she has, even though we may never know what she does at school! too cute!