We have been soaking up every ounce of sunshine and warm (recently hot!) weather we've been dished out like so much JP Licks ice cream this summer. Summer to the Max, baby! That's how we have to do it in Boston - gorge ourselves on summer fun so we're ready to face another winter when it comes all too soon.
Last weekend Chris and I took the kids kayaking on the Charles river for the second time. We all had such a good time the first time around we went for another whirl last weekend. We rented a 2-man kayak from Charles River Canoe and Kayak.They have life jackets for the little ones, and with one between each of our knees, we took off from the Kendall Square take-out.
We saw duck boats, geese, trains, sail boats, motor boats, other kayakers, and acrobats on the esplanade. We even got to get out half-way through for an emergency potty break. The action-packed hour goes by quickly, and I can't recommend a more fun way to spend $18 on a hot summer morning.
Even better,they just opened a Flour in Kendall Square! I could eat here everyday. And then I would be broke. But full of deliciousness.
To top the weekend off we hit Bastille Day in Harvard Square with Aunt Sarah and Uncle Jason. Happy Independence, France! We celebrated by singing Ole, Ole, Ole! with all the Espana fans and eating yummy street food from various French restaurants around Harvard Square. My favorite? The butter-herb grilled corn. Biggest disappointment? No crepes! Common, guys! I wanted Parisian street food! There was at least a middle-aged lady singing Barbara Streisand songs. Only in French though.
"I nee ou"
Aunt Sarah love
balloon butterfly!
Have I mentioned yet how much this child loves Watermelon? Loooves it.
Sarah and Jason take a turn to touch the foot of John Harvard
JP Licks!
get 'er done, Dex.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Summer to the Max
Posted by Jenny at 7:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
such good summer memories! love the new stroller too...green :) i can't believe how big of a bite dex was eating...first the watermelon and then the ice cream...that kid is an eater!
Yay for summer to the MAX! Love the photos. Wish we could take in a little maximum summer fun with you!
Post a Comment