We've been going through some transition as a family, and the most significant one is that Grazi has completed her year with us, and moved 2 weeks ago to be the au pair with a new family in the Back Bay. We really enjoyed her year with us, and are sad to see her go! The best part about her being so close though, is that we still get to see her. She's already been over once for family movie night. As soon as I find the great little video montage she made for us recapping her year here, I will post it!
The other significant difference in our household is that Rebecca has also moved out, temporarily. She's taken a 3-4 month assignment in Toronto, so she and MacGyver are off having grand adventures in the far-away land of Canada.
So yes, for the first time in over 2.5 years, we are living just the 4 of us. Actually I guess this is the first time ever that the 4 of us have lived just us in this house! And the results are in: this house is way too large for the 4 of us.
I'm not doing much work outside the home these days, which is exactly what I'd hoped for by this time of the year. Frankie's still at Ashmont Nursery School 3 days/week, and Dex has started at Mrs. Cynthia's, an in-home child care provider a few blocks away that some of you may remember Frankie went to way back in the day. Dex is doing the same 3 days as Frankie, and he's doing great there!
We have yet to actually live the new schedule, though. In the last 2.5 weeks, the 7 days that they should have both been at school, 3 of them have been snow days, 1 has been a sick day (today, for Frankie), 1 I spent parent-teaching at Frankie' school, and 1 I spent cooking dinner for Frankie's preschool. And it looks like tomorrow will be a snow day again. Sigh. Is this where I insert my lame excuse for not blogging?
Oh, and my birthday came and went in a sea of the stomach flu. I turned 32 to the tune of "Splat!" "Momma! Dex throwed up again!". Chris declared it Happy Barf-day, and we decided to reschedule celebrating as a family for when we all thought cupcakes look appetizing again. Maybe tomorrow?
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Transitions
Posted by Jenny at 7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love that you are blogging again! SWEET!!!! Sorry you guys have been sick, esp at bday time. Pooh. Enjoy when you get to celebrate, just you 4. :)
Post a Comment