Monday, January 14, 2008

First Steps!

Frankie just took her first steps! 3 steps in a row, towards Momma sitting on the floor. She's repeated the feat quite a few times since, and is very proud of herself every time she does it. Does this officially make her a toddler now?

She has also in the last two weeks clearly been stating her first word - "Doggie". This is a logical first word for her since she sees Maisy and Zoe every day, and loves to watch them play in the backyard. I'm going to have to get help filming her at the window when she's watching them play. She shrieks and bounces up and down and says "Doggie! Doggie! Doggie!". I've tried to capture this on film, but she just wants to grab the camera every time I aim it her way these days.

She's also got two front teeth in the last few weeks, and just dumped the tupperware box all over the floor (which is how I'm getting away with this blog posting).

I'm home today, enjoying this day of first steps thanks to the N'or Easter that has snowed us in. Heather and I decided it would be safer not to drive today, and just work Wednesday and Thursday this week. Here's the view from our back porch:


We're having red beans and sausage in the crockpot tonight for supper and it smells so good. Click the link to get to the recipe if you want to try it. I added 2 tsp of chili powder as well, and an extra 1/2 tsp of salt.

2 comments:

Murry said...

go frankie, go! i can't wait to see her in action!

Pam said...

Nice job, Frankie!!