Friday, February 1, 2008

It's a boy!

Frankie is having a baby brother! We just got back from the ultrasound, and saw his "outdoor plumbing" as the radiologist called it. He's very healthy; everything looked normal, which is the most important news.

In other news, I have taken Dr. Aubrey's advice and have stopped taking the Afrin (Aubrey, thanks for writing in and saving my nasal lining from certain doom!). I think I'd already gotten addicted - last night was horrible, but around 1:00 am my nose just sort of opened up and while I've continued to be congested since then, it hasn't been as bad. I think the Afrin would wear off and I'd be more congested than I would have been without it (meaning, of course, that Aubrey is right!). I also told my OB about it this morning, and she said my PCP had been wrong - that I shouldn't have been taking the Afrin at all, and that Aubrey was right (again!); no one should take it for more than 3-4 days. I'm shocked this is not on the label. She told me I could take Sudafed, which I bought on the way home from the appointment.

I am, all said, feeling much better, I think especially now that the Afrin side-effects are wearing off. Frankie has made a full recovery. While she still has a runny nose and coughs every once in a while, it's pretty standard winter-time kid stuff.

And we're having a boy!

8 comments:

Murry said...

snips, snails and puppy dog tails, that's what little boys are made of...what fun you, chris and frankie are about to have! congrats, congrats, congrats!!

these days... said...

woo-hoo! here's to mom knowing it already. :)

Clark Wallace said...

How awesome is this! A new MAN in the family!

Love - PAWPAW

The Bergs said...

Cool! Riley will have another boy to play with! Congrats!

Lisa said...

Congrats! Wow how exciting!

Melanie said...

Yea! Boys are GREAT!

Aubrey said...

How exciting!! Another little boy!! Poor frankie is going to be completely overrun at the lake house for a while, unless maybe Alecia and Daniel have a girl. But just from meeting frankie, I'm pretty certain she'll be in the thick of it with them all.

And i'm very glad that you're feeling better. Being congested always sucks.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! So exciting!! So happy for you, and so excited for a special birthday girl!

love,
Kiran