The people have been demanding pictures, so here's the best of what we have so far. I'm not sure any of the photos do justice to his enormous hands so you'll have to come see those in person! Pictures first, then the details:







Labor and delivery was as different this time around as night is from day; much quicker and fewer complications - we arrived at the hospital at 1:00 pm and Dex was born at 9:07 pm! Jenny had been laboring already earlier that morning, and on our way to the hospital so that we when we arrived she was already at 4 cm of dilation (for those that like to know that sort of thing). She opted for the epidural again, and was also put on pitosin. She actively pushed for 15 minutes, or 7 sets of 3 pushes and then baby Dex was here! He weighed 8 pounds 14 ounces and was 21.5 inches long.
The best part has been how easy the post-delivery has been on her (us) this time. Dex immediately started breast feeding, has had no problems with jaundice, and is sleeping/eating/crying pretty much on cue. He's been very well behaved.
Frankie, who is 16 months this week, has been playing the role of older sister like she was born to it. She learned the word 'bay-bee' last week and when asked where the baby is, she points to D.W. She's a little clingier than normal, but that's to be expected! Jenny's mom Chris has been a rock star, helping us through the home buying process, the big move on Saturday and watching Frankie while we have been in the hospital the last few days - all while suffering through the Boston scorcha'; 95 degree temperatures!
More to come once Jenny's back on line, but wanted to get some of the details posted so that you could know what's going on. Thank you for your prayers and all the offers of help!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Dexer Wallace McFadden I is Here
Posted by mcnerd at 6:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Yea! Congratulations, you guys. I sure wish we were close enough to come hold those bear paw hands. We love you ALL!
HUUUURRRRAAAAYYYYY!!! Welcome to the world 'big hands'!
Such a sweet baby, and a beautiful family of FOUR!!! Congratulations, again. :-)
Yeah!! Congratulations. Such great pictures on the blog and what awesome news that Dex is easier and all went well. Yeah!!
he is so handsome! congratulations. we hate that we weren't there to welcome Dex on day 1 like we were with Frankie (who, on a side note, has the rocking-ist mullet I've ever seen in the photo on Chris's shoulders.)
congrats! he's handsome! i'm glad you all are doing so well.
Yeah! Congrats to the McFadden family...we're so happy for you!
Yeah! He's beautiful!
Jonathan
Congrats... "Big Hands --we know you're the one!.."
and I think Frankie has what it takes to bring back the mullet.
Congratulations!!!!! We are thrilled to hear of Dexter's arrival and that he and Jenny are doing well! So glad you made it into the house before he decided to join the fam :) Yea!!!!
Another future LFMer! Congrats!
Can't wait to meet him!
we're so excited for you all! thanks for the pics and details!!
Congratulations!! I can't wait to meet Dexter! So glad that everything went smoothly!!
I guess he is very DEXterous with those big hands! Heheh CONGRATULATIONS!
BTW, who does he look like? He looks like he has his dad's mouth.
FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Welcom Dex! You are all look so happy and I can see why. I knew Frankie would be the best big sister.
Jenny and family take care. Can't wait to see you all again.
chris bates
We can't wait to meet him. Congratulations, guys. I'm glad the labor went quickly.
Post a Comment