Frankie thoroughly enjoyed the Bumbo chair when she was learning to sit up, and the Bergs have graciously loaned it to us once again for Dexter.
Dex in the Bumbo
And another one, just because he looks hilarious in this shot - did I mention how crazy his hair is?
Watch for the giant smile he gives Frankie in this video:
Frankie in the Bumbo when she was 3 months old (and bald as a bowling ball)

Dexter's personality has started to emerge, and he seems to be very social. It's amazing to me that we can already tell this. He likes to get your attention by cooing or smiling, and will smile and smile at you while he's got you in his range of vision. Frankie was so different - I had to work so hard to get her to smile, and she never cooed at me that I can remember. I remember being worried about this, because all the baby development emails kept telling me she should be doing this and how fun and rewarding it is, yada yada. I thought for sure something was wrong with her, that she'd never learn to talk. Turns out she's just a serious girl, and probably an introvert. I love this about her. It's coming in quite handy that she can play by herself for long periods of time while I nurse Dexter or soothe him. She needs her Mama time too, so fortunately for her, Dexter usually takes a good nap in the morning and we're able to hang out together.

2 comments:
oh, I love that dex looks like such a goofball (how could he not with that *awesome* hair?) and frankie is so serious!
The Bumbo looks like it would be a good "time-out" chair for the older ones. You just need a little seatbelt and all your discipline problems will vanish!
Just kidding Frankie- I'm sure you are a perfect little girl and do not need a Bumbo time-out.
love,
Auntie Becky
Post a Comment