Heather and I still try and get together once a week or so, especially since Brian is Dexter's BFF, born only two days before him. Frankie has a fierce little-sister-love for Elizabeth, and Elizabeth patiently tolerates Frankie's littleness like a good big sister. The only way I could convince Frankie to willingly get dressed yesterday morning was to tell her that if she didn't get dressed, we couldn't go play with Elizabeth.
Brian gives Dexter a big smile
Dexter has made a lot of progress in his night sleeping this last week. We've managed to convince him that the party is actually over at more like 7:00 instead of 11:00, and the last three or four night he's gone to bed at approximately 7:30. This has been accomplished primarily through letting him cry it out for 10 minutes at a time, making sure he's awake after 5:30pm, and doesn't get an afternoon nap of longer than 2 hours. The first few nights he woke up several times before 10, needing a pacifier put back in or a bonus nurse around 8:30, but pretty much went back to sleep, and would sleep until 4 or even 5 am after being nursed at 10! Last night he made it all the way to the dream feed at 10pm in peaceful sleep. He woke every three hours after that to nurse, which was slightly backwards progress, but I think we're on our way to a more reliable schedule of night time sleep. His daytime sleep is still rather hit or miss, I think mainly because I've been schleping him with Frankie in the morning to run errands or go for playdates. His gas seems to be getting better gradually, and I'm hoping it will be all but gone when we hit that magic 3-month mark.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
We heart the Ashes
Posted by Jenny at 10:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
We heart the McFaddens! Sweet!
Post a Comment