I inherited a garden with the new house, and I've discovered that I really enjoy spending time in the garden. When my mom and Suzy were here, they helped a lot to get the garden cleaned up. The previous owners had some landscaping done this spring while they were trying to sell the house, and then didn't touch it after that, so there were lots of weeds to be pulled up. There is a gorgeous mature Hydrangea tree out front that is currently heavy laden with blooms. I cut a bunch for bouquets for the house, and as you can see, I didn't even make a dent in the tree!
I made 6 vases similar to this full of flowers
We've endured three days of rain around here, and yesterday, inspired by Becky and Howie's activities, we had the girls help us make cookies.

We enjoyed some of the cookies last night, and then left the rest out on the dining room table where they had been cooling, more by accident than anything else. The cookies befell a fitting end this morning when the girls found the cookies, pull them down off the table, and made a mad scramble for as much cookie as they could fit in their mouths before Maisy Dog cleaned up the rest. Chris reports that there was "Nothing I could do. You can't take cookies from a baby's hand!". Jeff disagreed, citing the phrase "It's so easy, like taking candy from a baby".
Friday, August 8, 2008
Hydrangeas
Posted by Jenny at 7:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Speaking of your dog's unhealthy eating habits, I saw a dog on the street today that looked EXACTLY like Maisy plus 40 lbs. It was like Maisy plus a binge-drinking problem. Kind of freaky.
maybe it was just maisy post-cookies?
Hey guys! I'm so glad to have posts to read while we're out of town.
Beatiful flowers, sweet Dexter, and good stories about your adventures with toddlers! I love the McFadden family blog.
Hopefully we'll see you this week! Brian's been missing Dex. :)
I was inspired and made chocolate chip cookies with Cecelia. Oddly, she didn't eat much of her cookie. Maybe it was the multiple handfuls of chocolate chips she ate before the cookies were baked.
Post a Comment